Monday, December 3, 2012

Obligatory Post-Thanksgiving Post

Sooo... I kind of forgot to post about Thanksgiving. Oops.
Thanksgiving was good this year, even though I spent it without C.
He left early to go watch a football game with his buddy, a tradition they have had for years. Around 11, I took off for NYC. I got there around 1, which was great because we missed some of the parade traffic.

I should note that it isn't unusual for my mom and I to have Chinese food for Thanksgiving. Yes, you read that correctly. Being that it was just the two of us, my mom wasn't into doing a "big, fancy sit down." Some years we headed to family friends, but more times than I care to count, there was Chinese food. This year, she told me to just pick a place that wasn't too expensive, and we'll eat wherever I picked. I love Thanksgiving foods. I would have it for a last meal... well, either that or chicken parmigiana. Luckily, I found a Living Social deal for a Thanksgiving meal for 2 in the Village. We headed downtown to a restaurant called Amity Hall. I didn't realize it was a beer hall, but the food was delicious, and they had  perfect portions of everything. AND lots of flat screen tv's to watch the football games!





We got a cozy seat right next to the fireplace!

Mama bear

#picstitch - bottom was text from C :)
Anotehr Thanksgiving "tradition" we have is going to the movies. No matter where or what we eat, we always went to the movies. Usually, we go see some fluffy romantic comedy. Unfortunately, there weren't many options this year, so we saw The Silver Lining Playbook. I was looking forward to this movie because of Bradley Cooper and Katniss Jennifer Lawrence.

So like I mentioned, C and I had separate dinners. He saw his family, and I saw mine. But I stayed up until 12:30 making the dessert for his family's dinner, because I wanted to, and wanted to be a part of their Thanksgiving in some small way. So you can understand my feelings when I got this text...

Yeah, I was not even slightly amused. But they came the following weekend to get half of it, so that made me feel better! You know what else made me feel better? Leftovers! Mine was great for restaurant food, but nothing beats a homemade Thanksgiving dinner!

Yummy leftovers!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Thanksgiving food too, my grandmother makes a dressing that is literally life changing. That dinner looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom is so pretty! At least they were able to come by and have some. Glad you had a good Turkey Day with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving! I don't really have any Thanksgiving traditions, but I'd love to start one. I like the idea of going to the movies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to spend it with family!

    ReplyDelete