Monday, October 1, 2012

Weekend Overhauls

We didn't really have a plan for this weekend. I figured we would run errands Saturday, dinner on Saturday night with friends to celebrate C's new job, and mostly relax Sunday. So that's basically what happened.

Friday:
Mercer County Italian Festival
It was pretty empty for a gorgeous Friday night. We were surprised. Usually when we go it's super crowded. Also, they seemed to wrap things up early. There is a gym that they fill with some historic stuff, like pictures of Italian war veterans from the area, and vendors selling shashkas, and half of the room was packed up by the time we got there and finished eating. Either way, the Italian sausage and peppers sandwich was divine, as was the tomato pie. We were supposed to go back for rice balls on Sunday, but we got lazy.

End of Watch
We saw this because we had a discount that was about to expire and there was nothing I was dying to see, so I let C pick. Not gonna lie, when he told me he wanted to see a cop movie, my first thought was You are soooo watching the very next rom com that comes out. But this movie was actually really really good. It's about these two cops, partners Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena, who patrol south central LA. The movie is told partly through video footage that Gyllenhaal records while patrolling, catching everything from drug lords, gang members, taking on a fire and human trafficking. Being told from this vantage point made the story more interesting, because you got a sneak peek into their personal lives as well as professional duties. I don't think I would watch it again, because some parts were very... intense, but I will say that it was a great film and I'm happy we watched it.
Saturday:
Saturday started off in midday with me trying to figure out what to where that night to dinner. I went to the closet and realized that it's not warm out anymore... where are all my long sleeve shirts? Which led to the Fall Wardrobe Overhaul. Luckily, I had the good sense to foresee this issue coming, and got C to get me some Space Saver bags. I love those things- they really do save so much space and are so easy to use. But then I still didn't know what to wear. Sooo....

Scene: I open the closet door so I have a view of the closet before flopping down on the bed with my laptop, logging on to Pinterest. 

C: What are you doing?
me: Getting inspiration for what to wear tonight [um, duh]
C: So you're looking at clothes you don't have to decide what to wear tonight?
me: Yes. 

It made perfect sense to me. And then I came up with this:
Pinspiration:


My Spin:
I lurves it. And it was super comfy. So our friends took us out to dinner at a very nice Italian restaurant called Revere's. The food was delish. I also learned that I love figs... especially stuffed with prosciutto. I didn't get any pics of anything other than dessert though.


Sidenote: How do you guys take food pics in front of others? It's pretty weird. This time I waited until one person got up, and then just mentioned casually to the other one "I have a blog..." as if that was a perfectly sane excuse.

After dinner they stopped by shortly for a game... I love playing games. I feel like we don't do it enough. Need to work on that.

Sunday: 
Slept in again. I love being able to do that. Once I'm up, I check my email to find that a book I had requested from the library is available for download (they got e-books now... woop woop!). I'm all super excited, and download the book to my comp and upload to Nook. Except, the format can't be read. So I download the software recommended by the library... and it downloads but then I can't install it.

Long story short- I had to do a major Laptop Overhaul. And after 8 hours and at least 137 (I stopped counting after that) updates later, the dang thing STILL wouldn't let me install. I also learned that my laptop had not been updating since 2009... which explained why it was so slow! I thought it did daily updates, ya know, those ones they can do in the middle of the night? Except I didn't set it to do those. But now it's all up to date! Still going to getting it checked out by my work IT department though... I want my dang book!

With all the updating and restarting, I couldn't use my computer. So what did I do instead? I baked. Yup. C took a nap, and I baked, did laundry, watched some football, and read. Such a relaxing day! (I'm posting what I baked and the recipe on Wednesday!)

How was your weekend?

3 comments:

  1. I love your Pinspiration outfit! Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's that loaded questions game about? Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great weekend! I loved your outfit and the story about you using Pinspiration to find an outfit was funny. You did a great job recreating the Pin. I really, really need to go shopping for fall clothes. 3/4 sleeves won't cut it next month!

    We used to get together with friends every weekend for game night but that stopped when summer (and pool days) took over. That game sounds and looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete