Friday, March 30, 2012

Romantically Challenged: The Novel


This week I'm sharing...


From GoodReads: 

"When L.A. entertainment lawyer Julie Burns becomes convinced that finding The One is "just a numbers game," she sets out on a dating frenzy. From chance meetings and blind dates to dating services and the wonderful world of the Internet, Julie will try anything to meet her man. And in the process, she discovers a secret or two about the single life: Sometimes love sneaks up on you when you least expect it-and even the worst first impressions can have surprising results."

This book was ok. I just got it because it was on sale and I needed something light and fluffy to read after The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. For that, it fit the bill perfectly. 

I wasn't really "feeling" for the character. She just seemed really whiny, picky, and easily offended. She seemed to twist people's words around. And there was nothing else interesting about her, or that she seemed interested in, other than finding a husband to shut her family up. There were some funny dating scenes. Like I said, it was ok for an in-betweener.


Are you on GoodReads? Let's be friends!

3 comments:

  1. I hear you about needing something fluffy after The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I literally felt like I had to scrub my brain. A whiny man-obsessed MC, though, no thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to have a "fluff" book after reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Goodness gracious that book was intense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you just need a little fluff!

    ReplyDelete