C has been locked away in the cave alll dayyyyyy. (I renamed one of the rooms in our apartment to the cave because he holes up in there in the dark with video games...it's cave-like. I fear bats may fly out of there at some point soon.)
He has come out only to eat and pee. I can't say I expected this, though I suppose it's normal weird boy behavior.
Being that I've been mostly alone all day, it reminded me of that Sex and The City episode where all the girls share their "weird single girl" behaviors. Like Carrie, standing in the kitchen eating crackers with jelly, and Miranda watching QVC.
So a review of some of my weird single girl (or boy-locked-away-in-a-room-so-I-might-as-well-be-here-by-myself) behavior:
- watching terrible TV. That includes Gilmore Girls, Law & Order:SVU marathons, and chick flicks (today included Happy Feet and Beverly Hills Chihuahua).
- checking in on all my favorite blogs, and searching for new ones
- blogging and/or writing
- reviewing my old Time Out magazines and writing down all the "to check out" places in my notebook. This one requires explaining. For at least 6 months now, I have been receiving Time Out magazine weekly, though I don't remember subscribing to it or paying for it. Anyway, I used to skim them for cool new places to check out in NYC, but now that's a lot harder to do being that I don't live or work in NYC. Buuuut...I still like to do it.
- sweatpants, a bottle of wine, and cleaning

No comments:
Post a Comment