Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Currently: January

Happy New Year friends! Though we had a historically warm NYE (49-50 degrees- whaaaat?!) we're definitely back to cold and gray January weather here in NJ today! I was fortunate to get an extra day off from work yesterday due to a scheduling error, so I'm just catching up with myself and trying to get back to a somewhat *normal* schedule which is always hard for me after a bit of vacation time. Like, "what's my password for my work email? You want what?! Wait... right now?! When is snack and nap time?" Amiright?

It was a great break overall though, and relaxing AFTER Christmas. I survived Christmas. Every year I'm most happy when it's over. There's so much pressure- gifts, equal quality time with everyone, not to mention this whole pandemic thing that is still here... many of my close friends who are fully vaccinated and boosted have contracted Covid during this holiday season, which scares the shit out of me. Of course they all say that it's not terrible, "feels like a common head cold," but still. Numbers are rising. 

But as I said, it was relaxing. Hence all the TV shows and movies I've been watching, and what else I'm currently up to (spoiler alert: some organizing after Christmas but not much else)! 



Reading: Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle. I almost never read the book after watching the show or TV adaptation, however I watched this on Netflix so long ago that I hardly remember it! I plan to rewatch it after I finish. 

Watching on 
TV: Station Eleven, Emily in Paris, ...And Just Like That (Sex and the City), Queer Eye, You, Love, The Shrink Next Door (what a crazy, manipulative little shit.)

Movies: The Hating Game - I never read the book but this felt rushed (Prime Video)

King Richard - WOW. I'd never heard of Venus and Serena's story, but this was powerful (HBO Max)

Being the Ricardos - Lucille Ball really wore the pants! This was interesting (Prime Video)

Single All the Way - not sure how many times I squee-ed! (Netflix)

The Christmas Chronicles - so CUTE! 
(Netflix)

Father Christmas is Back - great cast, TERRIBLE movie 
(Netflix)

8 Bit Christmas - better than I expected, tbh. I also didn't realize this was based on a book!  (HBO Max)

Don't Look Up - this was so silly but I was still laughing and quoting it days later (Netflix)


Planning: On moving my recent watched, to watch, and listening lists to a monthly post on the third Wed of the month, and possibly making it a link up. Would any of you be interested in that?

Anticipating: putting away Christmas, which I'll be doing this weekend since I always put away most of the holiday stuff after Three King's Day (Jan 6). I think I'll leave out some of the dish towels, candles, and my snowman twinkly lights, but the rest must go! 

Organizing: my kitchen, since I got a new awesome appliance! And my closets... again! I feel like I have to do this every few months, but I finished one at Blue's over the weekend and have already scheduled a Vietnam Vets pickup for later this month!


Resolving: I don't actually like making new year's resolutions; I prefer monthly goals, if anything. However while I was trying to not admit this and actually put an answer here, I found this list, which made me chuckle. 

Here are some ideas if you need inspiration though! 

Scheduling: a girls' trip to a cabin in the woods for Presidents' Day Weekend. Somehow I was made responsible for finding us the cabin which has been a bit stressful (trying to find a place for 10 people with a hot tub, fire pit, and full kitchen- oiy!), but 
I've never gone away with this particular group of friends so it should be interesting! 

What's currently going on with you? 
Did you make any resolutions? 
Linking up with Anne! 

No comments:

Post a Comment