Friday, July 16, 2021

Let's Look: Bathroom Organization

I love all things organization, so I was really excited when I saw this topic for this month's Let's Look series. One thing I learned lately is to have a storage container for EVERYTHING so you know exactly where it goes when you're done using it. I'm all about clear containers because if I don't see it, I don't use it. I can't wait to read some of your answers too so I can get some ideas on how to work on my "trouble area"- under the sink! 

So first off- here's my bathroom. It's more long than square. I live in a rented apartment, so I can't do anything about those sick yellow tiles except pair it with dark gray (my towels, rug, and shower curtain- at the top [not shown]). 


I try to keep my countertop mostly clear. I have a small basket for my nail polishes, a small ring holder that actually has sample size perfumes and safety pins (not sure why lol), 2 jars- one for Qtips and one cotton balls/pads, and then this corner caddy for hair and beauty products. (I don't wear much makeup, but the makeup I do own is stored on my dresser in my bedroom which is why you don't see any here.) Oh, and the waterpik I asked for one Christmas and still have never used (sorry Blue!) 

I mentioned jars. I love the looks of apothecary jars for storage, but I just cannot bring myself to spend $15 on a jar. I found this hack on Pinterest many moons ago and I love it! I purchase a lot of those BBW 3-wick candles. When it's empty/burnt out, I toss it in my freezer for a bit, and then scrape out the excess wax. I also found this way of cleaning them out using boiling water but I haven't tried it yet. Either way you do it you get an instant container- and less waste! 

Behind the mirror is where I store my mud masks, Band-Aids and Neosporin (easy access because I'm a clumsy girl!), and excess creams. 

I have two small, narrow drawers in the vanity. In one I store my toothpaste, a smaller face towel, and some random samples. In the other is my hair brush, glasses, extra contacts, bobby pins, and hair ties (and apparently tissues, a Tide stick(?), and a really old dip nail polish remover!). 


Above my toilet, I have the only piece of "art" in the bathroom, a poster that says "Enjoy the Journey" that I picked from TJ Maxx because of the gray background. On the lid, I keep my rubber duck collection (I work for a college and that's our mascot... and I also think they're cute). 


My under the sink storage could use some help. Right now I just have things lined up, and everything else thrown into a bucket. 


It's got a little bit of everything- hydrogen peroxide and iodine, contact solution, mouthwash, nail polish remover, sunscreen, femme products, my hairdryer, extra shampoo, conditioner, hairspray (listen, when there's a sale on Pantene I take advantage- don't judge me!), mosquito spray and bracelets. AND, what you can't really see, in one of those pouches in the back is just lipsticks, and the other is some more femme products. 


I put the bucket on my counter so I could get a better look at what was in it- basically pills (Dayquil/Nyquil/ Mucinex/Midol), a thermometer, first aid kit, a pack of unopened toothbrushes, an unopened loofah, razors (mostly unopened), a Rembrandt teeth cleaning kit (that I didn't realize I had)... other lol. 

What do you do for your under-the-sink storage? 

 Linking up with Erika and Shay!


No comments:

Post a Comment