I feel like I've been majorly slacking both in my personal (blogging) and professional life, but I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. Here's how I did with my October goals:
- Clean Out Hallway closet - Done!
- Switch over wardrobe - I didn't do this because it wasn't warranted. It was still fairly warm up until this week, but I'll surely be doing it soon, possibly this weekend!
- Shred pile of mail - I tried to do this with an old shredder a friend gave me that she wasn't using. Unfortunately it's quite old and wasn't actually shredding! Adding a shredder to my wish list!
- Read/discard all old magazines - In progress.
- Organize recipe/home binder - In progress. I purchased these 3-Ring binder sheet protectors so I could slide any magazine articles and recipes I wanted to keep in them for the "home" binder. I didn't get a chance to go through all the magazines so still working on this one, and I would like to get some dividers.
One big thing I did that wasn't on this list was upgrade my desk! I purchased a new-to-me desk from Facebook Marketplace and "borrowed" my desk chair from my workplace since I wasn't using it there (don't worry, the Boss said I could!). I'm looking forward to sharing my new at home workspace with you as soon as I get my new corkboards up!
As for November, I actually started writing this around the same time I wrote out my October goals, breaking them up across the two months. Since things are kinda crazy with voting this year, I decided to drop off my mail-in ballot early, so that one's already completed! And last year I didn't get the planner I wanted because I waited too late. When I started looking earlier this month, I noticed that some of them were already sold out, so I jumped on that goal right away too!
Vote!
Purchase 2021 Planner
Start using the Waterpik I got last Christmas
Toss old make-up and hair products
Weatherize in-wall AC units and fix bathroom blinds
Sort Christmas Presents and Finish Christmas Shopping (if possible)
Plan birthday "party"/activity/dinner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I stated before, I feel like I'm falling behind in my personal/blogging life. As in, I meant to post my Fall Bucket List Update back on the 21st! But better late than never! Here's where I'm at:
Put up fall decor - I put up some minimalist decor; changing out my welcome rug to my fall one, putting a pumpkin out front, and adding a small "centerpiece" on my coffee table. Just a few touches for now!
Go on a Fall mini-getaway - YES! Blue and I spent a long weekend with our friend in Vermont and it was great! It was my first time there and I'm hoping to get a recap up soon!
Check out a new brewery or winery- My friends and I just visited Torne Valley Vineyards in New York on Saturday. The wine was just okay, but the company was better :) We were lucky to have a beautiful day for it!
Enjoy apple cider and donuts- Got my first apple cider donut yesterday! It wasn't very fresh though- I demand a redo!
Get cozy and read from my Fall TBR List! - So far I've read 3 from my Fall TBR: George by Alex Gino, Beartown by Fredrik Backman, and Such A Fun Age by Kiley Reid. You can see my reviews here!
"Fall" into a new binge-worthy series- I started (and finished) The Home Edit on Netflix (OMG LOVE!), Wentworth (S8) on Netflix, and What We Do In The Shadows on Hulu. I feel like I watched a lot more than that, but I can't remember right now.
Create new skincare routine (more moisturizer, please!)- My mom repurchased one of my favorite masks, Lush's Mask of Magnaminty, but for some reason it made me break out! Either that or my cotton mask, not sure which was the culprit. Either way, now I'm trying a bunch of "calming" products to clear it up a bit. Always a work in progress!
Have a Chili and Fall movie night- Didn't break out the chili yet, but so far we watched 3 of my favorite "Halloween" movies, Practival Magic, Hocus Pocus, and The Craft. On deck are The Witches on Disney+ and The Witches of Eastwick.
How are you doing with your Fall Bucket List?
What are some of your favorite Halloween movies?


No comments:
Post a Comment