| {via} |
- How did you celebrate spring break/Easter as a child? Ahh, Easter was my mom's Achilles heel. She ALWAYS forgot to be the Easter bunny! I'd wake up, eager to run outside and find my Easter basket, and there'd be nothing there! I honestly thought the Easter Bunny lost my address and should confer with Santa Clause lol! In her defense though, she set up a scavenger hunts for me, which included ridiculous things like "Do 10 jumping jacks, and then go find the next clue where your dirty laundry hides!" and then she'd take a picture or videotape me doing it. I was kinda annoyed about it at the time, but now it's one of my favorite memories. We also always went to church and then a breakfast buffet spot nearby.
- AC on or windows open? Windows open. Gotta air out the place! I especially like windows open at night. In general I'd rather be hot than cold, so I almost never turn on my AC (except at night in summer).
- Do you spring clean? Yup! I do all the regulars like sweep/mop/dust, but I get in deeper with ceiling fans and baseboards, in between windows which I don't normally pay attention to, and power wash some appliances. My tip is to keep all cleaning supplies together, set a timer for rooms, and put on the music! I've been loving the "Get Chores Done" and "Cleaning Kit" playlists on Spotify!
- What’s spring weather like where you live? Uhhh, I guess rainy but not too cold? I usually wear a long-ish black raincoat and my Hunter rain-boots- one of my very favorite presents!
- How do you decorate for spring/Easter/Passover? I don't really. I switch out my fleece blankies that adorn every ounce of every couch for a lighter material coverup and maybe change out my doormat and put out a lighter scented candle.
- How green is your thumb? Black? I'm the worst at keeping any plants alive!
- How do you get bathing suit/shorts/warm weather ready? Pedis are a must if toesies will be out, because I'm a staunch anti-naked-toe person. So much so that I will paint Blue's toenails if necessary! I also cut my hair every other year and donate it- I try to wait until I have anywhere from 12-15."
- Is your closet arranged with just the current season’s clothes? Usually, yes. Right now I'm still rocking a mostly "winter" collection, but I'm adding a few spring pieces here and there until I do the full closet switch.
- What’s your go-to spring uniform? Converse sneakers, jeans and a hoodie or t-shirt.
- What outdoor activities do you enjoy in the spring? Blue lives on a (small) mountain, so we usually take walks around there on Saturday/Sunday, but we also love visiting new wineries in spring! Our friend is trying to talk us into playing some tennis (I was a captain in high school-ha!), so we may try that again , depending on how Blue's knee is. (She twisted it climbing the waterfalls in Jamaica.)
Your turn!
Linking up with Leslie!


No comments:
Post a Comment