Monday, May 6, 2019

Currently

This month was crazy busy with work and mom stuff. My mom fell at the beginning of the month, injuring both of her knees and cutting under her right eye socket. We were lucky it wasn't even an inch higher, so she didn't injure her eye, but it's not pretty! She fell outside running around too quickly as usual. This was a blessing in disguise because it forced her to slow down a little bit. At the same time, she's been dealing her her a-hole landlord. She was able to take some time off work to heal which she used to track down paperwork to take the landlord to court, search for a new apartment, attend court (yup, I'm not going into details but he was that bad that she's taking him to court), and enlisting me to help her pack and move her non-everyday things. Here's what else has been going on with me lately. 


Reading: Sorry I'm Late, I Didn't Want To Come by Jessica Pan on my commute and Dear Lily by Drew Davies at home. 


Listening to: Melissa Etheridge! I got the opportunity to see her earlier this month and she was so good without even trying. Loved it. 




Watching: Avengers: End Game! So, so good (if you're into Marvel/superhero movies). Also Game of Thrones- that last episode! GAH! No spoilers here though! 




Eating/Drinking: deep fried "Ripper" hot dogs from the famous NJ no-frills establishment Rutt's Hut, and craft brews from a new local brewery called Ghost Hawk Brewery. 





Admiring: This handsome boy old man! Keebler turned 7 this month!





Playing: At LSC: After Dark, an adults only event held every third Thursday of the month at our science center. This month's theme was Whiskey in Westeros, and there were tons of whiskey-infused cocktails, $5 eats, and photo ops! It was super crowded though, so I'd like to go again when it's less crowded to actually see the exhibits. I haven't been there since I was a kid. 





Borrowing: Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid from Michael. 


Finishing: Helping my mom with her move. This was just me moving things one evening of many after work. I'm SO glad it's over now!







What's new with you?
Linking up with Anne and Kristen!

No comments:

Post a Comment