![]() |
| airplane view coming into NYC from Nashville |
Reading: The Adults- Caroline Hulse
Watching: A lot! Saw Aquaman in the theater- it was okay. There was a lot of CGI but I don't know how they could have produced it any other way and once you got over that it was a little long but pretty good.
Bird Box was a bit creepy but not really scary, if that makes sense? I thought it was really well done though! (Also, not sure if it matters but I didn't read the book.)
Dumplin' was adorable.
Relatable with Ellen DeGeneres was... unrelatable. I like her as a talk and game show host but her stand up is running dry.
The Haunting of Hill House literally scared me. I get scared when things jump out at me, so yeah. I watched the first half right before bed one night and had to rationalize with myself why I had no reason to be scared. Overall I thought it was really good until the last episode.
Tidying Up with Marie Kondo is delightful! It's like Hoarders but less disgusting and more realistic, and she gives extra little tips in each episode.
Looking forward to: me and Blue's anniversary this weekend. We're going to see Pretty Woman the Musical on Broadway and eat dinner at one of our favorite restaurants.
Annoyed at: myself for not buying a 2019 planner sooner. Of course I started looking after Christmas and Michael's is all sold out of the mini happy planner I want. I even went to 2 different stores looking for them but they were sold out there too! Le sigh.
Choosing: a word/phrase for 2019, which I'll be sharing next week.
Tidying: my living room. I packed away my Christmas decorations on New Years Day, but then I realized I had a blank space where the tree stood so I rearranged some furniture and am happier with the results, but still not completely pleased.
Resolving: to get back in the kitchen and meal plan. I got a programmable crock pot for Christmas (with the auto warm setting when it's done- yesss!) and a crock-pot cookbook so once I hit the store I should be all set!
Exploring: vacation idea for Spring. I'm hoping to go to a conference in Denver in March and see some friends while I'm there, but I also would like to head to a Caribbean island soon too. Maybe Aruba?
Refreshing: my skin care routine, which I stopped doing like 3 months ago? I don't even remember why or when exactly I stopped, I just did. Anyway, time to get back into the habit!
What's Going On: December flew by and though I love it because it's my birthday month, I'm a Grinch and therefore I'm thrilled that the holiday season is over.
My mom took me out to dinner, my neighbor surprised me with wine and balloons, but the real birthday celebration was the following week when Blue and I went to Nashville. We went to museums, ate lots of Southern food, and listened to a ton of great music. Full recap coming next week!
Other December Things:
- Michael and I went to see Michelle Obama's "Becoming" book tour
- I passed, and finally received my Gold Certificate from a work conference a month ago
- A bunch of friends and I went to see The Roots Holiday tour
- I found a new-to-me favorite beer, Goose Island Parka Porter
- Rang in the new year with the Mountain Mamas (I did not have to put on a coat or shoes because the hostess lived downstairs in Blue's building- huzzah)!
What's currently new with you?




No comments:
Post a Comment