Thursday, January 4, 2018

What's New With Me// Currently

Hoooowwwddddyyyy Hoooo!

Image result for howdy ho gif

No apologies for the unannounced mini-hiatus- December was BUSY. But I'm back! I'm currently warm and cozy in my PJ's under a blanket with coffee by my side during what's being called a "bomb cyclone" (aka blizzard) because we have a SNOW DAY! I love snow days just as much now as I did as a kid, possibly more. And it was definitely needed after a being away from the office for 2 weeks and then coming back to stressful days of being at work by 7AM and meeting my new boss. But enough about all that; here's what I was up to in December. 


Celebrated my friend Michele's 50th birthday with my fellow Mountain Mommas (group of friends who all live in the same condo complex on top of a mountain) and actually wore a dress for the first time since summer...


Bought myself some fun warm thermals from Old Navy during their super sale (currently wearing the gray one as I type this)...



Was completely, utterly, and totally embarrassed at Dueling Pianos with friends. Why, you may ask? Well, Blue and co. thought it'd be a real hoot to tell them that it was my birthday (it was a few days later). But they had already sung happy birthday to someone else. So they called me up to the front of the restaurant, made me stand directly in the center and sang this Monty Python song instead. I turned bright red (which is hard, I'm brown you guys) and wanted the floor to swallow me whole. Then they gave me a dirty toast which I don't really remember. But then they played Ed Sheeran and I got Blue back by making her slow dance with me in front of everyone for at least half the song. 



I celebrated my birthday in Vegas with my favorite couple who came in from Denver for the festivities! Full recap on that next week!



Had an excellent Christmas Eve brunch with all the Mountain Mommas...



Spent Christmas morning opening presents with Blue, then headed home to spend the rest of the day with my mom. As per tradition, we watched movies, ate Chinese food, and drank wine. We added manicures and masks this year because it was there and we were already in PJs so why not?! 



I did a whole lot of nothing during my week off between Christmas and New Years which was blissful. New Year's Eve was spent at Blue's in my jammies with friends. There is a terrible video of us singing TLC's "Waterfalls" (among other songs) because the little one (my friend's niece, she's 12) brought a karaoke game. We also played Llama-Rama (below) which I'd given as a present because... llamas. 

iPhones of missing Mountain Mommas that couldn't attend

Other December things:

- Watched Star Wars: The Last Jedi (great), Pitch Perfect 3 (meh), and Home Again (bad)
- Spent actual birthday off from work chillin and then went to my fave restaurant with Blue
- Attended other holiday parties/festivities and Christmas Eve dinner at the "in-laws"
- Was not at work or on a computer at all from 12/16-1/2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently...

Reading: Tell The Wolves I'm Home- Carol Rifka Brunt

Listening To: One Foot- Walk The Moon



Watching: Ellen's Game of Games, Married at First Sight (S6), Top Chef, Young Sheldon

Starting: blogging again after my unannounced and unplanned holiday hiatus and tracking my eating again with myfitnesspal.

Hoping:
for another snow day tomorrow! (Wishful thinking, for sure)

Scheduling:
a Veteran's pickup for 1/12, a few doctor appointments, and a vacation for sometime in March.

Playing: Llama-Rama, a rhyming game, on NYE.


Looking forward to: Blue and I celebrating 
our 3 year anniversary this weekend! 

What's new with you?

Linking up with Kristen, Gretch, and Anne.

8 comments:

  1. Yay, enjoy your snow day! And I thought Tell the Wolves I'm Home was a great read - hope you like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had an amazing December and a great bday! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished Tell the Wolves I'm Home yesterday. What do you think of it so far?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoyed your snow day & are getting another one today! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great December. I am SO jealous that you got to celebrate your birthday in Vegas, so jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate being the center of attention I would have died at Dueling Pianos lol.

    You had an awesome December!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic December... and happy belated birthday.
    P.S. I want a snow day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my god, laughed so hard at you turning bright red. i feel you, i HATE being the centre of attention like that (why are we bloggers? lol) and i would have just run off like the child i am haha. oh no, bummer about home again, i want to see it. still haven't see the new star wars, and will likely wait for dvd to watch pitch perfect. i feel like that might be a bit of a dead horse haha. hope you like Tell The Wolves I'm Home!

    ReplyDelete