It's time for another "the Blended Blog Asks!" I saw this going around last week, but I'm late to the party. There were originally 27 questions, but that seemed like too many, so I cut it down to the 20 I liked.

1) Did you love school or hate it?
Loved it! I was a super nerd. 2) Start school before or after Labor Day?
I think it started after Labor Day? It was a long time ago!
3) Wake up: eager beaver or slow poke?
Super slow poke, which hasn't changed lol.
4) Favorite breakfast?
I was never a big fan of breakfast, but I remember Pop-Tarts and cereal.
5) Favorite cereal?
Cocoa Krispies, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Honey Nut Cheerios. Same as now!
6) New outfit on first day of school or no?
Of COURSE! My mom would take me shopping and for a mani and haircut every year until I could drive (and then she'd still "sponsor" my back to school shopping!). It was a bonding thing for us. I remember checking out magazines to see what was "in" and I'd have my first day outfit picked out days in advance.
7) Walk to school or take the bus?
In middle school I took the bus. In high school my mom would drive me and I'd walk home, until I could drive halfway through my junior year.
8) Backpack, tote, or messenger bag?
Backpack (had to be Jansport!) until high school, when I moved on to a messenger bag.
9) Eat school lunch or pack lunch?
Packed lunch until high school, when it depended on what the specials were. Pizza and cheesesteak (which was more like Steak-Ums) were my favorites.
![]() |
| This was called the PV: plain bagel with cream cheese and Doritos. Still a favorite! |
10) Remember the little milk cartons? White or chocolate?
Who doesn't? Chocolate all the way!
11) Favorite back to school item?
Notebooks- I preferred 5-Star 5 subject college ruled- and writing utensils.
12) Homework as soon as you got home or after dinner?
ASAP. Always.
After school I usually had sports practice, so I'd bring something fast, easy, and healthy. When I didn't have practice, I'd go to a babysitter and then the after school program at the local recreation center when that was established. So I'd eat whatever they prepared, usually healthy snacks. In high school I just went home so I'd eat whatever was around.
![]() |
| tennis team |
14) Favorite subject in school?
English and Social Studies/History. And gym. I'd rock those Presidential tests!
15) Least favorite school subject?
Calculus and Physics.
16) Name of your best friend in high school?
I had two- Kristen and Tracie. I hardly speak to either of them now.
![]() |
| high school musical with Kristen- senior year |
![]() |
| with Tracie, sometime right after high school |
17) High school mascot type?
Hornets.
![]() |
| Hornet Player of the Week |
18) Favorite year in school?
Oooh, Junior year- I went on a class trip around Europe and got my license and a (used) car.
19) Class ring or no class ring?
Class ring. The center stone is my birthstone, grad year on one side and tennis racquet on the other. And my signature on the inside.
20) Attend or not attend high school reunion?
Hell no. Whoever I was friends with I just follow on FB. If I wanted a high school reunion, I could just go over a few towns to the watering hole- they're all still there! (I just ran into my old cheerleading and softball coaches recently!)
What was your favorite thing about back to school season?





haha..I'm laughing at if I want a high school reunion...that is so funny. My school hasn't had an official one yet but I wouldn't go. Sadly, I ran into almost everyone I went to HS with including my principal and teachers at a funeral recently. It was nice and strange at the same time.
ReplyDeleteYou haven't aged at all! Seriously, that 2nd picture that says "sometime after high school" I was thinking was going to be a couple years ago friend reunion or something. I feel like my high school experience was the opposite. I was rebellious and angry and didn't want to be there. I did do some after school stuff my freshmen year (before I got super angsty), but it was soccer and math league. :P Social studies was my least favorite!
ReplyDelete5 Star notebooks and binders and Jansport for me too!!! It was so fun answering and reading everyone's posts for this. The doritos on the bagel sounds super interesting. I like everything bagels, so why not???
ReplyDeleteLOVE this! I need to do this, I didn't see this last week either. I'll have to get it up this week.
ReplyDeleteI was in musicals in high school too! I did attend my high school reunion, but I don't know if I'll go to any others. I'm pretty much in touch with who I want to be in touch with!
Beth
The Beth Next Door
Oh this is fun! Might have to steal it too. Mostly because living on a tiny pacific island, we did things way differently. LOL We do island kid reunions instead of class reunions though. we had 180 students in 7 - 12th grade. Most classes were under 20 kids. Can I borrow this?!
ReplyDeleteOkay...why I have I never thought of the bagel combo?? That looks so good!
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun post! I wanna do it now too. :) Jansport for sure!! I could really go for a bowl of cereal right now. Haha! My favorite school lunch was a pizza pocket, but I definitely need to try a bagel with Doritos!
ReplyDeleteFun post! I liked aspects of school - I did well though. English was always a favorite for me. I took the city bus in middle school to get home, but the rest of the time I was dropped off/picked up. I never took a school bus.
ReplyDelete-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net
Okay, I'm an idiot. I was reading this like, "ohhh! That was our mascot too!" before it dawned on me, that NO--our mascot was a griffon (??) but I remembered the hornets because my name is Charlotte and apparently the Charlotte Hornets were a thing back when. LOL, n-e-way...
ReplyDeleteThat bagel with the doritos looks amazing. I never thought to try that but will now! And I feel the same way about reunions. Too much discomfort for me--and anyone I was friendly with back when is still in my life in some capacity, thankfully.
Such a sweet bonding experience you and your momma had pre-school <3 XOXO