Thursday, January 5, 2017

Currently: January



Reading: One for the Money- Janet Evanovich for Erin's Reading Challenge 6.0! I really want to read my books this year, so 5 of them for the challenge are ones I already own.


Watching: I finished The OA on Netflix over the holidays. I have SO MANY QUESTIONS! Has anyone watched it? Please share your thoughts!

Listening to: a lot of Spotify. I caved and purchased Premium (99 cents for 3 months- how could I not?!). Really digging Fitz and the Tantrums Radio, which updates weekly with upbeat tunes. Two recent faves: Fresh Eyes- Andy Grammar and Fingertips- Leo Kaylan



Burning: Mahogany Teakwood from BBW. It's a heavier scent that I can best describe as smelling like men's cologne.

Eating: leftover spaghetti with meatballs (last night). Coincided nicely with National Spaghetti Day. 


Gathering: recipes! One of my goals for this year is to get back into cooking (something I've just stopped doing around,... mid-October maybe?). I got the Budget Bytes Cookbook for Christmas and I'm revisiting my food-related Pinterest boards in an attempt to find some enticing dinner ideas. So far I've only eaten leftovers (uh, cleaning out my freezer?), but I did finally go grocery shopping and made a meal plan for next week! Baby steps.


Writing: to do lists, a revised weekly schedule of what I want to do at home each day, and posts! Expect to see a 2016 Recap, Favorite Make-up/Beauty of 2016, and a New Orleans recap soon! 

Making: space. I did a lot of organizing/cleaning/purging over the break, but I'd like to do some more, particularly in my closet. I was able to create this little reading nook in my bedroom though, which has become one of my new favorite spots.

imagine a fluffy throw blanket over one side

Sipping: red wine, as I do in the winter.

Following: not a whole lot lately. I took a break from social media last month (except IG and a couple of random posts here),  but I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. I started following a few new-to-me blogs in the last week though. Shooting Stars Mag, Nesting Nomad, My Pixie Blog (another NJ native!), and Write Like a Girl to name a few.

Resolving: I don't really like the term "resolutions." I make quarterly goals (more like a seasonal bucket list) and 101 in 1001 goals. There are a few key goals I'd like to reach this year though, like overhaul my finances in general and track my spending this month, save more money, pay off a student loan, and get rid of excessive "stuff" in my apt.


What's currently new with you?
Linking up with Anne, Kristen, Gretch, and Kristin!

15 comments:

  1. oh i love one for the money :) such a good series.
    OMG YES I WATCHED THE OA LETS TALK.
    mmmm spaghetti and meatballs. jealous!
    i have the budget bytes cookbook but to be honest, haven't used it a lot. i prefer her website, but still wanted to support her.
    i love your little at home/at work notepad. is that for meal planning? so smart! or for like other stuff? haha. my bad.
    i have a little reading nook and i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect reading nook!

    Why can't I figure out what OA stands for?

    I love Budget Bytes recipes. I don't have the book, I just have the online resource.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't make any resolutions this year for the same reason. I need to get back into cooking too. I used to be so good at meal planning/meal prep & then I moved to Fort Worth & stopped. Mostly because I've had a roommate ever since moving up here & I just haven't ever felt like anything was MY space. Once I move in Feb I'm hoping that'll change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quarterly goals tend to work for me best.
    I have quite a few of my own books on the list for Erin's challenge, too! I was cleaning my bookshelf the other day and realized I have SO MANY!
    I've heard so much about The OA but I have no idea what it is/what it's about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh exactly the same here on cooking! Finally made a full week dinner plan and that felt like quite an accomplishment. And I love reading challenges - I'll have to check that one out. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone else mentioned The OA and I assumed it stood for something and didn't try to figure it out...so I just Googled it and figured out that's just the name...and the synopsis/your excitement about it makes me want to watch it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like monthly goals. Quarterly goals are too far apart for me, I think.
    I actually really like leftover spaghetti.
    We didn't finish The OA. Perhaps it got a little too weird? I really liked the first episode.
    I just saved a few Budge Bytes recipes today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've admitted repeatedly how I am ignorant to the hot shows on tv...I've never even heard of The OA. haha!
    I'm glad you are diving into the challenge this time around!
    That spaghetti with some red wine looks like the perfect winter meal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't like the term resolution either. I always think it implies that something is terribly wrong with me or perhaps it just because it's so cliche. I prefer goals.

    I hope you enjoy One for the Money! I remember laughing out loud so much through that book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, thank you for the Andy Grammar song! I didn't realize that he had a new one out. I love him! I added it to my Spotify right away.

    Secondly, I've read up to ten on the Stephanie Plum books & then gave up cuz they were the same thing over & over again. However, I did read the Ellen book a couple of months ago & enjoyed it. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That spaghetti looks delish! And yes to all the red wine in the winter! Only 99 cents for 3 months of premium?! I may need to get on that! Happy Friday <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, thanks for following me! I love finding new blogs. :) I read On the Road back in high school as part of an online book club. It was good, if not a little slow. I really want to read Ellen's book though! I love finding new music. I've heard "Fresh Eyes" but not the other one you mentioned. Good to know!!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for talking about Erin's book challenge- I hopped over to her page to see what it was about and I am so excited for it!
    I am cleaning out my freezer too... I had a lot of chicken in there so for the next 2 weeks, that'll be most of my diet!
    I tried to do some cleaning and purging over break as well, and got rid of a few things from my closet, but I have a lot more to go around the house! Maybe that will be a goal for 2017!
    I'm excited that you also do 101 in 1001!! I'm on my 2nd list. I started one a few years ago and made decent progress, and then I got distracted, but I'm very into my new one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your reading nook. I'm all about the cozy blankets right now... that could be because it snowed yesterday... but no matter, no matter! I love that you've got your books ready to go, too!! Can't wait to read your New Orleans recap!!

    sara, journey of doing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mahogany Teakwood is one of my favorites!! I still love that you're using a mini HP! Umm, what is OA? I'm so out of the loop of life!

    ReplyDelete