![]() |
| Enjoying: Keebler cuddles when he's not being a nudge |
Hai friends haaaii! I'm back! After an unintentional mini-hiatus, I'm refreshed and filled with new ideas for posts, and excited again. I was in a bit of a slump, and was given an "out" with thinking of stuff to post with Alyssa's prompts (thanks girl!).
Doing/Counting: down the days til my birthday vacation in New Orleans! I've outlined our itinerary, bought tickets to a jazz concert at Preservation Hall and a cocktail walking tour, and made reservations at almost all of the restaurants we'll be dining at. Now I just need to pack and find a suitable carry-on bag. I am so psyched!
Buying: one for them, one for me- my Christmas buying philosophy :) I just got these foxy fleece shorts on Black Friday and they are soooo woobie. I've actually never owned fleece shorts before but they're perfect because my legs get really hot under blankets. Plus, foxes. Can't go wrong with foxes!
![]() |
| foxy shorts |
Cheers-ing: So I didn't know it, but apparently my job was going to let me go at the end of December due to lack of funds. However I was just recently informed that they worked out the budget to keep me, and will hire me full time July 1st! YAY! My mom and I celebrated the news last weekend.
![]() |
| my fave champagne |
Eating: Piecaken! I had no idea what this was, but Blue's niece (currently in culinary school) made it for us last weekend- it's vanilla cake with a creamy pumpkin pie center. I'm not a huge dessert person normally, but I do like both is those things, and together- well all I can say is WOW. It was sooo good!
![]() |
| *nomnomnom* |
Drinking: I've recently become obsessed with Keurig' s Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll coffee. So much so that I bought a box of pods for work!
Burning: BBW Cozy Cabin, which I just found out is no longer available :( Good thing I bought it during their Autumn sale!
Watching: This Is Us, Westworld, The Walking Dead (only 2 more episodes- gah!!!), and of course Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life. Have we all caught up now? Thoughts???!
![]() |
| Me and Blue's GG binge tees :) |
Listening to: John Mayer's "Love on the Weekend" on repeat.
Planning: what to read for Erin's Book Challenge! Categories listed here! Starts January 1st! Also, a December wardrobe capsule. You know, where you pre-select several pieces to wear for a period of time and only wear those things. I feel like I have a lot of holiday-type clothes that I've forgotten about so I want to make sure I actually wear it this year. I'm also trying to incorporate more skirts/dresses starting today, because I honestly don't remember the last time I wore one. Maybe I'll document it. I think I may try to wear makeup for the month too. Baby steps though.
What's currently new with you lately?






So glad that your office is keeping you to July. I hope they figure out a way to keep you even longer. Oh man that cake looks soo good!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the good news on your job, that is awesome! Piecaken sounds super interesting, yum!!! I haven't watched the revival yet because I want to go back and watch the show from the beginning. I missed a lot of it when it first aired so I think a good binge is in order!
ReplyDeleteHoly crap two episodes of The Walking Dead left?! I've only watched the first four!!! Sooo behind! AND I've only watched the first GG episode. AND I'm way behind on the other two currently airing shows I watch. So that's good. Also that piecaken sounds so amazing. When you posted it on Insta I drooled over it.
ReplyDeleteyay for your work keeping you, that is so awesome! congrats! i don't like pumpkin pie, but that cake thing does look pretty awesome. but maybe just because i like cake. yummmm. i STILL haven't watched this is us, i don't know what i am waiting for. i did manage to watch all 4 GG episodes in one night though, because you know. priorities. love your shirts!
ReplyDeleteSo jealous of your NO trip. Would love to go there one day, I hope you have fun!
ReplyDeleteThat job news is such a roller-coaster of lows and highs, woah. But glad it ends on a high! That's great!
I have a Cozy Cabin I bought last year that's almost out. I didn't realize it wasn't available anymore, but it's definitely not my favorite candle so I'm not that heartbroken. As long as nothing happens to Flannel or Marshmallow Fireside!
I may or may not have already watched the revival a second time...
Loooooooving the new John Mayer song, have had it on repeat!
Congrats on the employment announcement. That is awesome news and well worth opening a bottle of your favorite bubbly!
ReplyDeleteThose shorts looks super comfy.
Have fun in NOLA...although I think it impossible NOT to have fun in NOLA.
Thanks for the book challenge shout out!