Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Peace Be With You


When Alyssa listed this prompt, a lot of little things came to mind. Here, my stream of consciousness style list that I pulled from the "notes" section on my phone, while enjoying #3... 
  • Knowing that taking an Uber won't break my bank account 
  • Coffee/tea anytime, but particularly in bed
  • A glass of wine at night on my patio while the neighborhood sleeps
  • Crossing that nagging task off your list
  • Time by the ocean- and the sounds that come with it like waves and kids in background 
  • Reading on my couch without cares
  • TV time with Blue, holding hands under purps (purps is my fuzzy purple blanket)
  • Kitty cuddles before bedtime
letting us love on him a little
  • Doing the right thing (like taking an Uber late night instead of waiting on trains), thereby giving others/Blue peace of mind
  • Coming home to a clean space
  • Fridge full of groceries, clean clothes hanging in closet
  • Phone peace- no notifications, updates, enough storage space, 99-60% battery, wifi

What are some things that make you feel peaceful? 


alyssagoesbang

6 comments:

  1. A lot of these I probably wouldn't have thought of, but they totally make me feel peaceful too! I loathe going to the grocery store, so a fridge full of groceries...so much peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wine, reading and TV are my peace jams!!! I also love coffee in the morning before anyone is up. And doggie snuggles. Ahhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't think of anything for this prompt before, but your list is definitely triggering little things in my brain. Being in bed! Anytime - reading, napping with the dogs, talking to Ryan on a rare occasion that we get to sleep in together. Also dog walks in the middle of the day when everyone's at work or school and there's sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coffee before anyone is up & wine after everyone is asleep are a huge yes! Also, being by any body of water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well i don't take ubers, but it really is such an amazing feeling to be able to do something, like get petrol or grab a starbucks and not worry like am i going to be able to pay my bills? i forget that, because i spent so long worrying and being so low/negative for so long and now i am nowhere near that, and i forget to appreciate how far i've come and what an awesome feeling it is.
    kitty cuddles are always good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading these posts, especially because I'm noticing a few things that are on everyone's list but everyone has something completely unique that I haven't seen on another list too. Your Uber comments are the latter—but such a good point and something that does offer huge peace of mind. Great list. Also, I love that you have a name for your blanket.

    ReplyDelete