Thursday, October 8, 2015

Currently:: October?

I really can't fully comprehend that it's already October, minus the cooler temps. It snuck up on me so fast I forgot to send out my rent check (sorry landlord), and would have forgotten to purchase my train pass if it hadn't already been mailed to me. 

I have a place you can stay ;):

There's a definite chill in the air, and I'm snuggled under a throw blanket on my couch, enjoying sipping on a new-to-me pumpkin ale, Shipyard Pumpkinhead (I'm not enjoying it; it tastes like pumpkin spice and cloves, but at least now I know). It was a long day; not necessarily bad, but not necessarily good either. There's an uneasy quietness in our department, filled with held breaths and tiptoeing on eggshells, just trying to stay under the radar until there's more work to do. There are rumors surfacing about our group and the possibility of some organizational changes. I had my annual review at work on Tuesday and voiced my concerns. I think I surprised Bossman with my candor, but I'm tired of all the whispering and side glances. I told him what I've heard and how I'm feeling- worried, nervous, and anxious. Like I'm waiting for the carpet to be pulled from under my feet. I thought he would be able to give me some insight, but he seemed completely caught off guard. To be safe, I guess I'll start looking for a new position, even though I really don't want to. Here's some other stuff that's up with me lately.

Reading: I took a break from The Martian to read Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell which I just finished (details on Steph's Show Us Your Books/ Oct. 13), so I'm getting back into it now.

Listening To: Ryan Adam's cover of Taylor Swift's entire "1989" album. I'm not a huge fan of covers in general, but this one is really good!




Wearing: sweats. My biggest, ugliest, oldest, and most comfortable sweats. #aintnoshameinmygame

Watching: Well, I finished catching up on The Walking Dead. 5 seasons in 5-6 weeks. (Oh, and I found this article, which perfectly describes the love affair of binge watching a show. Also, I love an article where GIFS are so perfectly utilized.) And I just finished watching Honey Boo Boo's latest music video (in which I may have lost some brain cells),... huh. I'm actually NOT watching anything right now. Got any suggestions for me?

Smelling: Fresh Bamboo candle from B&BW because it's one of the lightest, cleanest, freshest scents, and even though I know it's more summery, I have 3/4 of it left, and I'm not wasting it.

Eating: Leftover Chinese food. Wonton soup and chicken and broccoli with white rice, to be exact. 

Planning: A Halloween party! I'm SO excited! I am co-hosting with Blue, and was put in charge of decorations, specifically. You better believe I immediately created a Halloween Pinterest board, and started writing ALL the lists! Themes (Asylum), menu, cocktail list, things to buy, and of course costume ideas. We've already nailed down all of these (have I mentioned that I LOVE event planning?), bought/found everything for the costumes (DIY is my fave), and purchased (at least) 3/4 of the decorations. The last time I threw a house party was when I was a kid, and I can't wait for the reveal (which may come after Halloween, since it's on 10/30- sorry in advance)!

Loving: An author commented on my review of her book on Goodreads! I didn't even know authors read those reviews! 

Needing: to pull out my fall gear. And find my space heater so I don't run up my heating bill like I did last year. 

Anticipating: A mini-vacation to the Hamptons next week, ending with the Jack O'Lantern Blaze event where there are literally thousands of jack o'lanterns artistically carved and all lit up. I'm *super* excited. 


Sharing is caring- what's currently up with you lately? 


Stuff, Things, etc.

8 comments:

  1. I love love love planning & throwing parties! I am not ready for fall at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have to pull out my fall gear, both for my house and clothes-wise. No time or inclination to do so yet.

    I think people in charge appreciate candor. Sorry your work situation is in a state of unrest, it's not easy to deal with that daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought about the authors reading the comments! Omg, now I feel bad for all the bad reviews I've left! Jack O'Lantern Blaze sounds awesome. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband has been gone all week for work and I've been living in my ugliest sweats ;) That and watching every girly show I can think of have been the best, haha! Now I'm off to watch Honey Boo Boo's music videos - how did I not know about these?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That author commenting on your review?!? That's even better than Rainbow Rowell favoriting one of my tweets. Like, you got actual comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you--how is it Oct already!? Also, how is it possible that I've yet to listen to the ryan adams album.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fuck yeah to the sweats. 2nd best thing next to no pants at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, love how you described your sweats. I have some favorites that have been around foreverrrrrr and are the comfiest!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete