Friday, August 7, 2015

Friday Favorites

It's Friday- yay! This week seemed overly long. I'm excited for the weekend, even though I already know there will be no sleeping in (womp). Hopefully they'll be time to rest on Sunday night, but it's sure to be a fun weekend, so I'm pretty excited. Even though Amanda is off in Charleston, I'm still kicking it off with some favorites from this week. 

Favorite Song(s): Locked Away- R. City ft. Adam Levine



Walk Into The Sun- Maverick Sabre




Favorite Moment(s) of the Week:

Getting my background back. Finally. No idea why it suddenly disappeared one day. I still haven't gotten the header looking the way it used to and I don't have the patience to deal with trying to figure it out. 

Won free tickets to see Mike Posner at City Winery on Tuesday!

Got my tickets to see @mindykaling on her #WhyNotMe book tour! SO EXCITED!!!!



Favorite Reads:

You guys. Love is NOT in the air. First, I was more upset by Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert while the rest of the world seemed more interested in Bammifer (srsly, the maid? Gawd, be more original Ben.) And THEN came Gwen and Gavin. UGHHHH. More what could be worse than my favorite rocker couple? ...

Kermit and Miss Piggy. Say it ain't so!!!

But soccer star Megan Rapinoe just got engaged, and Jennifer Aniston got married, so maybe not all is lost after all. 

I love this idea by Netflix to offer "unlimited" paid time off to employees during their first year as new parents! Hopefully more companies will follow suit!

I can't say I was a first-gen college student or considered "poor" by socioeconomic standards, but I will say that I did feel a bit out of place at my alma mater, so I completely get where these college kids are coming from.

I just learned that Melissa McCarthy just came out with a new fashion line. The best part was how she describes her stuff: "I’ve worn every single piece. There are little jeans that are super stretchy and they come all the way up, because I just do not need to see anyone’s muffin top, and I do not need to see anyone bend over and be able to tell what color underwear they’re wearing anymore.” I just adore her. 

Did you hear that Reading Rainbow is coming back?! It's on Netflix, and the guy is in the process of creating new episodes too! 

Prison Break is also making a comeback to Fox soon. Wentworth Miller will be gracing our TV's once again. I lost interest during the later seasons, but maybe I'll give it another shot. 


Oh, how we've missed you...

Favorite Funnies:












Happy weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha 'it's a white girl!' cracked me up. Um Mike Posner and Mindy Kaling's book tour?! You have some awesome stuff coming up! And Melissa McCarthy is greatness. I love that quote about her fashion line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading rainbow is coming back?! How fun!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous you get to see Mindy Kaling. I love her!

    ReplyDelete