Monday, March 10, 2014

Weekend Update

RJ: "So my credit card number was stolen and someone drained the entire account, and I didn't get paid from the part time job I've been working for 3 weeks..."

That's how my weekend started out.

On Thursday, I started planning a little day date in NYC: pick a cute restaurant and go to lunch, check out a free movie, and a museum,.... and yeah. Obviously that couldn't happen now. Le Sigh. Also, I didn't know if RJ was into any of these things, but I figured it would be fun nonetheless.

Friday:
I had girls night- I was a little annoyed because they picked a restaurant that only had 3 choices of non-meat dishes, and three (out of four) of us couldn't eat meat. But I got crab cakes and drinks and it was still fun to catch up with everyone. Then me and one of the girls met up with RJ at a bar near us. Upon returning home, I asked RJ if he liked Woody Allen movies (as the free movie was "Blue Jasmine"). He said no. Then I asked if he liked art... another no. Ugh. And he didn't want a plan for Saturday- he wanted a day where he didn't have to do anything. I tried not to be disappointed, and decided to let him figure it out then.

Saturday:
I guess I didn't hide my disappointment very well, because I woke up on Saturday morning to find RJ looking up exhibits at a museum he does like- the Museum of Natural History. {Cue excitement} A few of his friends also like this one, so we're planning brunch and a museum trip in April.

Sunday:
Woke up early for no good reason. RJ made pancakes and bacon and we started watching Ghosthunters- it was an episode about the witch trials in Salem, MA. At which point he was like... we should go to Salem. I like going anywhere new, so I was definitely down! I was even more excited when he started the planning! We haven't picked a weekend yet, but looks like we're going this Spring!

After that, I remembered by goal of decorating and figured he could help me, if only I had some nails. So we headed out to Dollar Store (one of the only places open by me on Sundays). They didn't have nails, or a hammer. Womp womp. So we just relaxed and made dinner- another new crockpot dish!- and watched Walking Dead.

Overall a very relaxing weekend. And finally some warm weather and sunshine!
Does making plans make you anxious or excited?




6 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to go to Salem and visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl I am so sorry that happened to you about your credit card. That sucks. Can you bank put the money back in your account or no? if not then that totally sucks. I hope your luck changes. I feel your pain though. A few years ago I went thru a similar thing like that and it sucked. but bad thing is the bank i was at at the time couldn't put the money right bk in. if i had been at another bank they would have. so now i'm at my old bank where if that happens they can do that.

    good luck hun.

    Would love you for to join the hops.
    http://loopdelinks.blogspot.com/2014/03/monday-link-up_10.html

    http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/03/blog-hop-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! What a way to start a weekend! Jeez! I hope things turn out okay with that! YAY for some new date ideas. Scott & I have been wanting to go to Salem forever... sounds like such a neat place to explore! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yuck, not a good way to start the weekend. did the CC company fix things? usually if the card has been compromised, their insurance kicks in and you aren't penalized.

    i NEED to make plans otherwise i don't do well without plans!

    -kathy | Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goshhhhh. I am the biggest planner in the world and Dereck is more of the "eh whatever... go with the flow" variety. We're on our third year together and I am still getting adjusted to not always knowing what's going on during the weekends. We try to compromise (I'll plan some date nights, he'll "plan" some date nights) and it works but sometimes I just need to know what the fuck we're doing! I am very much Type A and Dereck is very much Type B.

    Did he get his cc taken care of?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear that your weekend didn't go as planned because of his CC. That's always stressful though! Hopefully you'll get to have some fun adventures soon!

    ReplyDelete