Monday, August 12, 2013

Changes- The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

I have never participated in "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" link-up before, but I've seen it on some blogs that I follow, and it includes a list-like format, so I'm in!

THE GOOD:
- I got a new apartment! ["tour" tomorrow!]
- I got a new job! Actually, it's at the same company, but an entirely new role (and more money)! I am now a Customer Support Specialist, helping everyone in our company with our new financial and time keeping systems- exciting times!!

THE BAD:
- I got a new job, and I don't like one of my new responsibilities. Thankfully I wont have to do it for too long.
- I have been feeling very displaced with this new apartment/moving thing going on. I will be happy once I get all my stuff in one place. Right now it's coming along slowly, but for some reason I'm hesitant on putting things away and truly setting up- not sure why.

THE UGLY:
- C and I broke up. Almost a month ago actually, but I wasn't quite ready to announce it here.
We have had some issues for a while, and neither of us were communicating those issues very well. But it got to a point where one issue in particular kept coming up, and I couldn't take it anymore. So I broke up and moved out at the end of April. Then we were back together like a week later, (I guess like a trial separation?), but I found the same issue still happening, and so I called him out on it and officially ended our relationship. We are still talking, however now it is about rent (I'm still on the lease, but it's up at the end of this month), moving, our bills- the necessary stuff. I'm not getting into any other details. Though I have a blog and on lots of social networks, I still believe that some things should stay private. It's not easy. In fact, it's really sucky and terrible, but I'm doing the best I can to stay positive. Keeping busy with the new job and setting up the new place are helping, as are truly great friends. I am so lucky and grateful for all of their support. I know some of them are reading-- THANK YOU LADIES! And thank you to my bloggy friends Jennifer and Athena for reaching out and helping me through this rough time as well!

Incorporating Color

10 comments:

  1. Wow, i've definatley missed out on you while i've been away from blogger!! i'm so sorry to hear, but I am happy that you were able to see the problem and take control of the situation instead of just getting hurt, and more hurt..

    congrats on the new place and job though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you with the new job/apartment. I'm sure things will feel better once you are more settled. So sorry about you and your bf. You will most likely be better for all these changes though, which I'm sure you know. I love your positivity through it all. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear about the good changes. Hope you start feeling better once you're settled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's awesome on the new job! i know you were wanting something different. Is you new apartment closet to your job? i know that hour long commute must've been tough.

    and as far as C goes, it sounds to me like you made the right decision. i'm sure it's hard but moving out and moving on is great first step. it's good that you saw the problem and took action; instead of just thinking you could live with it. can't wait to see the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the break up but I am glad you realized that something was wrong and took the step to fix it. Congratulations on the job!!!! Did you move any closer to me?!?!?! We can hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you're back and so happy you got a new job (more money, hollaaaaa). However, I'm really sorry about your breakup! Breakups suck balls and are never easy and I wish I knew the right thing to say but I'm awkward. I just hope you're doing ok and know that it'll get easier with time. Can't wait to see the tour of the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Change is never easy but you just have to stay positive and move forward with life. I promise things will get easier and I'm always here for you if you ever need to chat. <3 A$

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, congratulations on the new space and the new job! That is so exciting and you should celebrate that!

    Second, I'm really sorry that you're going through a breakup. That's never easy. It sounds like it's for the right reasons though and I think in the end you'll be stronger for it.

    If you need anything, feel free to email!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A new job and new apartment is exciting!!! I'm sorry to hear about the break up, but I'm sure you know what feels right for you and it'll get better with time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's wonderful that you've got yourself a new place and a new work job! You'll find a good rhythm and you'll start to feel great!

    I'm always a text away!

    ReplyDelete