Friday, February 17, 2012

We Gave Each Other Crabs...

...At Joe's Crab Shack!
(did that grab your attention?!!)

I really enjoy Valentine's Day. Yes, it's a little sad that we need a designated day to show our love and appreciation for others, but I'm still glad it exists. This year, C and I decided to have a low key dinner at Joe's Crab Shack, one of our favorite restaurants. (We also had a gift card for there which we were saving for such an occasion!) Usually when we go, we have to wait at least 45 minutes to get a seat, so we were expecting no less on Valentine's Day. In fact, we had a back up plan in case the wait was longer, as all restaurants (especially those that do not take reservations) usually have a super long line on this day. However, we only had to wait 15 minutes! I guess getting crabs with your lover is not the ermm... sexiest... thing to do on this special day! But we fully enjoyed it!

We also set a spend limit on our presents for each other, being that we are on "super saver" mode. So, I took to Pinterest to find a great idea. (Have I mentioned my love of that site?) I found the perfect present for my boo, and recreated it! It's called the "Just Add Ice Cream Kit." (C looooves ice cream!) See:

ice cream kit...just add icecream

My version:
kit includes:
sugar cones
waffle cone cups
mini chocolate chips
mini pretzels
gummie bears
sprinkles
Reese's peanut butter syrup 

Also, for my birthday, C took me to see Wicked on Broadway. We both loved it!!! However, I saw some major differences between the book and the musical. C was curious about these differences, so I got him the book! He is about halfway through, and really likes it!! 

C with his V-Day loot- still a bit camera shy!

So I did well if I do say so myself... got him somethings he really likes/wanted, and stayed within our spending limit! He, on the other hand, did not stay in budget, but he got me something off of my wishlist and I LOVE ITTTT!!! Well, I love looking at it- I'm still a little scared to use it! And I want to try it when I have some time to work with the serum. 

My loot:
3 stuffed animals!
2 cards (he always buys 2, one funny, one serious)
chocolates
a balloon (not pictured)
and... The coveted NAKED pallet by Urban Decay!

Overall, it was a lovely Valentine's Day! How did you spend this special day?

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you had a great Valentine's! I'm so jealous of that Naked pallet.

    ReplyDelete