Sunday, February 21, 2010

Exciting Saturday Night

note the sarcasm.

I'm so freakin bored. I really shouldn'e be so upset though. I mean it can (and has) been much worse. Like I ould be bored and 1. being annoyed by my mother, 2. being annoyed by loud and/or obnoxious roommates, 3. not having cable, internet, and/or a cell phone to connect to the outside world, or 4. being annoyed and smothered by loneliness AND boredom.

so maybe I should be counting my blessings. but I'm not. and FB isn't helping. reading "status updates" of friends who are out dancing, out drinking with friends, making late night cheesecake factory runs. sigh. instead I am home, reading about the fun stuff other people are doing, and being slightly miserable.

it's  my own fault really. Thursday C asked what we were doing this weekend, and when I said nothing, he asked me to find fun stuff to do. so I did. I spent about half day Thursda trying to find fun stuff to do in NJ, NY, and PA...yes, the entire tri-state area. and I found some promising things/ideas....snow tubing, laser shows, AC... but we didn't do any of them, mainly because I didn't push for them. His idea? go see Avatar. which we did (and it was pretty damn amazing). but it was over at 10. the night is still young right? wrong,...apparently. I wanted to go to a club after, I mentioned it half joking, half not. because the only local club is kinda lame. weird people, only somewhat good music, and only somewhat in the mood. wish there was some better options round these parts...in suburbia...then again, I don't think suburbia is exactly interested in having the best clubs this side of NJ. more sigh.

which leaves me here, writing this and drinking beer (only on #2...barely counts, especially on a Saturday), and C getting high, eating Cheetos (puffed, not crunchy), and watching Little Giants. I feel so old.

I miss going out with friends. I miss having (fun) plans instead of going out "obligations." I miss SPONTANEITY and RANDOMNESS. I'm tired of schedules and routines and monotany. I'm officially in a rut. and I'm only 26. ugh.

in other news, a friend of mine had this up as her status update, and I couldn't have said it better myself.
"...struggling to evade the past and fantasies bout the way it COULD be that just won't seem to stop taunting me."

Valentine's Day update soon-ish...

Currently listening to: "In the End" - Linkin Park

No comments:

Post a Comment